INCI Name: Water (and) Benzoyl Peroxide
A patented, aqueous based, micronized benzoyl peroxide dispersion (40%) in the form of a gel.
Benzoyl Peroxide is one of the most effective treatments for acne. While highly effective, traditional forms of Benzoyl Peroxide can cause skin irritation. Curoxyl™ 42 is a patented, aqueous based, micronized benzoyl peroxide dispersion (40%) in the form of a gel. Curoxyl™ 42 can be the starting point for topically applied anti-acne creams, anti-acne wipes, facial cleansers and medicated pet shampoo formulations.
Typical BPO particles are larger than the pore itself. The micronized Curoxyl™ 42 particles allow the BPO to penetrate pores to attack P. acnes bacteria. Once Curoxyl™ 42 has made contact with the bacteria, the oxidizing effect of the particle eliminates bacteria.
- Smaller BPO particle than traditional BPO, which allows for a smoother application and greater potential for efficacy.
- Proven to be a Non-Primary Irritant and Non-Primary Sensitizer to human skin.
- No milling or dispersing needed
- Manufactured in a FDA certified, cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) facility.
- Complies with USP Benzoyl Peroxide Gel monograph
- Not restricted for transportation purposes per DOT approval